Talk

Advanced search

Sutton SET

(7 Posts)
newtoallofthis4 Sat 11-Jul-15 12:45:15

DS recently sat the mock SET for the sutton grammar schools but didn't score too highly and now I'm slightly anxious/worried. At the time I didn't ask him the topics that arose and now his memory is slightly blurred.

Can anyone enlighten a worried mother please? and/or suggest some advice for over the summer?

Thank you in advance. smile

Ladymuck Sat 11-Jul-15 14:01:22

Did he sit the mock at Sutton grammar or Wallington? And were his standardised scores higher on Maths or English? Do you know whether he finished the papers?

GoodArvo Sat 11-Jul-15 16:35:24

What is your back-up plan? Was he below the range for passing the SET? I think that range started at something like 216?

All you can do is get him to work harder (so long as his score was reasonable) and make sure you have a back up option.

newtoallofthis4 Sat 11-Jul-15 21:57:15

@ladymuck It was at Sutton Grammar - they were both the same actually. He finished them both.

@GoodArvo We have other local state schools in mind. Yeah he was just below the pass mark - will have to check the scores again to remember how much by, however.

Ladymuck Sun 12-Jul-15 07:08:17

So with the English paper they have given the data which shows which questions they answered correctly. Was there one area he scored differently on? Eg the last 15 marks were the comprehension.

newtoallofthis4 Sun 12-Jul-15 10:31:09

@Ladymuck where can I find this data please? So sorry for the questions, I'm so lost sad

newtoallofthis4 Sun 12-Jul-15 10:37:26

I've managed to find the document that shows which questions were correct/incorrect, but I'm not sure how to find which question related to what topic?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now