Talk

Advanced search

Maths GCSE coursework guide

(5 Posts)
cloudedyellow Tue 07-Jul-15 09:52:12

What would you recommend as a text book for someone (me) who failed GCSE Maths years ago and would like to give it another go?
Rather than starting on a home learning course, I thought a text book would be a good start in case I'm still a lost cause.
I have looked at study guides but am rather confused as to which would be the most helpful.
Would be grateful for any help.

HowDoesThatWork Tue 07-Jul-15 15:02:37

Higher GCSE Maths by Michael White, Elmwood Press.

Has lots of questions, less instruction or exposition.

noblegiraffe Tue 07-Jul-15 16:26:42

There are lots of excellent videos on YouTube, e.g. m.youtube.com/user/HEGARTYMATHS which would be useful. I can't recommend any specific textbooks as the ones we've got are crap. CGP revision guides and workbooks are pretty good.

Warning: if you want to resit GCSE maths, for god's sake sit it in June 2016 (or November 2015 if you're feeling confident). Maths GCSE from June 2017 is changing to be much harder, and it's horrible.

jeanne16 Tue 07-Jul-15 17:49:16

Just checking that you are aware that there is no coursework for Maths GCSE. That was scrapped some years ago. It is all exam based.

cloudedyellow Wed 08-Jul-15 08:12:11

Thanks everyone. Very helpful info. Yes, I think I had realised that things were changing and getting harder. Better get a move on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now