Talk

Advanced search

Gillotts School in Henley On Thames - your views?

(5 Posts)
ducdo Sat 04-Jul-15 21:05:57

Hi all, does anyone have children at Gillotts that can give any feedback as to what they think of it. Appreciate everyone has different views/opinions on schools as such a personal choice, but would love to hear from anyone with any views please. Many thanks.

LL12 Sun 05-Jul-15 09:50:12

I have a friend with children there. From what I can tell she finds it a caring school who will build up your child's confidence if needed.
Education wise I think if your child is a high achiever you may find they won't stretch them as much as you would like. I also understand that some of the teaching can be a bit hit and miss, but then that is probably the case with a lot of schools.

ducdo Mon 06-Jul-15 14:04:56

Thanks for your response.
Do you happen to live locally and if so do you know if its possible for the children to get from Wargrave to Gilotts school by public transport?
From what I can see it's proving really tricky - they can get Wargrve to Henley Station, but then its a LONG walk so need to find a local bus that will take them but the bus times just dont seem to work.
As I don't know the area so well, need someone with local knowledge!

LL12 Tue 07-Jul-15 11:38:20

My friend doesn't live in Henley, more to the east (Marlow direction) she said it's best to contact the school as they should have all the details about the buses from Wargrave.

ducdo Tue 07-Jul-15 16:10:05

thank you - have spoken with the school and contacted the council to see if our children can use the bus service.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now