Talk

Advanced search

Can I accept a sixth form place then potentially decline depending on results?

(5 Posts)
smoothieooo Wed 01-Jul-15 10:42:00

My son attends a grammar school for which at least 6 x A grades at GCSE are required to study at sixth form.

He's had a meeting with and been offered a place at a local secondary, which is where he'll go if he doesn't get the necessary grades, but I don't know whether to accept the offer now or if I can defer until results day on 20th August. I don't want to compromise his place at the grammar should he scrape the necessary grades!

Is anyone else in a similar situation?

titchy Wed 01-Jul-15 10:54:45

Accept the offer, then decline if you need to on results day.

Plenty of kids hold multiple sixth form offers!

cricketballs Wed 01-Jul-15 10:59:10

We advise all our students to hold multiple offers just in case results are higher/lower than expected

smoothieooo Wed 01-Jul-15 13:06:34

Thanks both - I've accepted but fingers crossed he can stay where he is if he gets the necessary grades!

mummytime Wed 01-Jul-15 21:16:13

Dd holds two offers, she may be about to decline one,,as they ask the same things and after induction days etc she has "finally" chosen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now