Talk

Advanced search

Any good GCSE Maths webside

(10 Posts)
Lifeisfun91 Thu 25-Jun-15 10:36:21

Does anyone know of any good Sites/books that gives the child lots of practice questions with a variety of topics. I can find lots but you just study one topic at a time. My DD has very poor memory so we have to practice on a very regular basis each topic so she retains it. I don't mind paying to subscribe to a site if it is giong to do what I want. Other than past papers I can't find anything else to do this and I haven't really got the time to plan and set questions each week to incorporate different topics.
Thanks

Cloud2 Thu 25-Jun-15 13:04:56

I haven't had the experience of this yet. But I think you can buy GCSE practice books in bookshop. As I have seen lot of these when I go to the book shop.

TinyManticore Thu 25-Jun-15 13:06:11

My DS has found Mathswatch very helpful.

TeenAndTween Thu 25-Jun-15 13:14:30

CGP GCSE Workbooks are good, I think.

KatharineClifton Thu 25-Jun-15 13:16:18

I've recently been using Teachit for English and found it very useful. They have a maths section too but can't vouch for it obviously www.teachitmaths.co.uk/?utm_campaign=Page+design&utm_source=Subject+bar+-+page+42&utm_medium=Maths&utm_content=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.teachitmaths.co.uk

JustRichmal Thu 25-Jun-15 15:30:08

Books: CPG or Letts revision guides and workbooks.

Websites: Khan Academy, Hegartymaths.

noblegiraffe Thu 25-Jun-15 18:05:43

Corbettmaths 5 a day if you want little and often?

corbettmaths.com/5-a-day/

marcopront Sat 27-Jun-15 08:34:56

Does your school subscribe to www.mymaths.co.uk?

gwenshann Mon 29-Jun-15 16:01:30

Hi!
This is not really a maths website, but when my children face trouble and I can't help them (not a fan of maths :p ) I let them use digiSchool Homework, they have a maths category where kids can post their questions and they receive the help from other students. This is safe and actually helpful. Try it if you need it smile

Megandavids Tue 30-Jun-15 11:23:43

My son and I used www.10ticks.co.uk after receiving a revision offer discount email. He found it quite useful in preparing for his GCSE's as we were able to create our own "course" which just included tests on specific topics as he already understood the theory behind them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now