Talk

Advanced search

How will my dd be able to progress in Year 9?

(4 Posts)
TheBFGisme1234 Tue 23-Jun-15 05:57:55

My dd is in year 8 and is achieving level 8b/8a in all subjects bare MFL's and arts such as D.T,Music and Drama. The school only start teaching GCSE RE work in year 9, with all other GCSE courses starting at the beginning of Year 10. As levels do not go above an 8a, how will my dd progress in year 9?

CamelHump Tue 23-Jun-15 06:06:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

titchy Tue 23-Jun-15 08:02:02

Getting a L8 doesn't mean they'll have covered all the L8 topics for each subject. She's probably done maybe 3 L8 topics and has a good knowledge of them all, so is clearly working at that level. There could well be another 10 L8 topics she hasn't yet been taught though.

starfish4 Tue 23-Jun-15 11:11:58

I'm sure the school will have ways of challenging her and others at the same level. If you don't feel this is happening early in the new term, have a word with them - I know my DDs school will set extra work were required by students.

My DD is in Year 9 and GCSE course work for English, Maths & Science has already started (Maths back in February) and she's does fast track French (so taking a year early). They started the coursework early to ensure they had time to teach content required for the new GCSEs which previously was not a requirement and so they have not done. Also, just had her options and in one subject she has a long list of things to familiarize herself with for the start of Year 10. What I'm saying is that GCSE work may start earlier than you think!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now