Talk

Advanced search

End of year exams

(5 Posts)
lottysmum Thu 11-Jun-15 18:12:37

First year DD has taken end of year exams at private school (she started after Oct HT) given the change between how results are reported (A-E instead of 6a/b/c etc) Not sure how to compare last year to this .... I assume she's doing well because she has a mixture of A*, A, three B's and a D for Latin( she started Latin after everyone else this year and she is dropping this subject at the end of this year) ... She's Yr 8 ....

Obviously next year will be easier because I can compare like with like ....

Any guidance ?

TeenAndTween Thu 11-Jun-15 18:40:01

You need to ask the school.

They might be doing banded results based on position in year.
They might be doing certain grades for certain percentages in exam.
They might be saying 'perform like this in GCSEs only upgraded by 3 years and this is what you would end up with'
Or something else

lottysmum Thu 11-Jun-15 19:22:01

Thank you - assume when report comes out they will comment accordingly - I know the grades are in percentage band but that's it....

TeenAndTween Thu 11-Jun-15 20:01:39

You could also ask your DD how her grades compared to others in her class.

lottysmum Thu 11-Jun-15 22:28:21

DD has commented about her friends grades - they are a mixed bag ...some score high in some subjects but low in another ... The only subject she is set for is Maths and she got an A but she is in the second set ...some of the children in the top set also got A's and a few in the second set got A* ... I'll just wait until year end report comes out ... there are some subjects like Physics where she's getting high 90's in the tests so I know she's doing well..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now