Talk

Advanced search

Academy Free school appeals can you refuse appeal due to funding?

(3 Posts)
Naynay2408 Sun 24-May-15 22:11:08

Hi all, I have posted on a number of threads regarding my school appeal (so people may think Im a crazy mum). I had my appeal hearing and the main argument was that the the school cannot admit any pupils due to Funding not space. Is this really the case? Can a child be refused a place via appeal based on funding, when I have demonstated that there is space in the school. I have tried to read online searhing for the answer, but to no avail. Will recieve decision by end of next week but my inter self can't help feeling worried as I never challenged the funding argument because I really didn't know anything about it. HELP. Any advice.

prh47bridge Mon 25-May-15 00:36:45

Academy funding, as with all schools, is based on the number of pupils. The appeal panel should be aware of this. I therefore do not see this as a viable argument by the school.

Naynay2408 Mon 25-May-15 16:17:24

Thank you prh47bridge, you probably have noticed Im driving myself crazy with all sorts of reasons why our appeal would be rejected. End of week it is!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now