Talk

Advanced search

Harrow School Houses

(10 Posts)
Sadibobo Mon 18-May-15 17:44:12

We would love to hear from any current Harrow School parents out there. DS is sitting common entrance next week for entry this coming September, and he has a confirmed house place in Bradbys at Harrow. My question is, does Bradby have a very distinct personality? Is it known to be very academic, very musical, very sporty, or just a good all round house? Am very nrevous as I can't seem to find much information about the different houses, and since DS is quite 'cool' (well, as cool as you can be at aged 13!) I would like to know that he is going to be in a house that suits him. Any comments gratefully received.

TomatoesandOnions Mon 18-May-15 19:21:37

It's a bit late to be asking these questions after he's been offered a firm house place isn't? On what basis did you choose Bradbys in the first place?
In any case it's too late to choose another house now.

Loveleopardprint Mon 18-May-15 19:29:25

I don't have an answer for you but bumping you as tomatoes and onions were quite harsh! Hope somebody cones along to answer your question.

Loveleopardprint Mon 18-May-15 19:29:53

Comes not cones!!

Sadibobo Mon 18-May-15 19:35:53

Yes, we chose Bradbys because we liked the housemaster, but in truth, you are expected to make that decision based on very little information. I only asked because forewarned is forearmed. Sorry, didn't mean to irritate anybody!

Millymollymama Mon 18-May-15 19:58:13

My DD had a number of male friends in Bradbys. It appeared to suit straightforward, pleasant pupils and all my DDs friends were super young men. Headmaster's is the academic house I understand.

Sadibobo Mon 18-May-15 21:03:01

Thank you so much. Reassuring to know bradbys turns out nice young men - that's what we want, a nice, confident lad who's pleasant to be around !

Millymollymama Mon 18-May-15 21:22:16

Your DS will be fine. Listening to my DDs friends, I thought it was an exciting school with first class opportunities for the boys to do well and grow as individuals. It has traditions which might look a bit dated but I have been impressed with all the boys I have met who went there.

TomatoesandOnions Tue 19-May-15 10:39:24

OP of course you are not irritating. Am sorry if my post sounded as such, reading back now it does sound very harsh, but it was more out of Concern as we are actually going through a similar process at the moment. Sometimes how you process your thoughts doesn't interpret well in writing. It was a rushed post. Hope no offence caused. Although I'm not sure you can change houses at this point hmm but believe you've chosen a good house.

Sadibobo Tue 19-May-15 11:14:54

No worries, all forgotton! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now