Talk

Advanced search

13+ maths past papers

(7 Posts)
Dreamgirl1111 Tue 12-May-15 09:43:46

I am looking for maths practice or past papers. Some schools publish them on their websites, but they do not have answers.
Any ideas?

dogandcat Tue 12-May-15 11:44:07

For ISEB 13+ past papers, you need to go on the Galore Park website - for a fee they will send you past papers with answers. Or they sell 13+ practice exercises books and answers (level 3 is a separate book, so make sure you know what level your DC is doing). Other than that, I think you are going to have to work through the ones published on individual school websites and work out the answers if they are not published.

Dreamgirl1111 Tue 12-May-15 17:02:29

I have no idea of these levels. My Dd is in an independent school and according to her maths teacher, is working on GCSE level. I tried to google, bur became even more confused of which one is harder: 2 or 3?

KingscoteStaff Tue 12-May-15 17:26:08

Can you say which school your DD is applying for or whether it will be a scholarship paper?

inthename Tue 12-May-15 17:52:11

If your dd is already at an independent school doing 13+ (assume common entrance?) the teacher or headteacher can easily tell you which level of paper she is doing. Level 3 is harder than Level 2. Assuming your dd is currently in year 8 of an independent school, unless its a school that expects them to continue until 18, they will have past papers coming out of their ears by now. Either ask the teacher for some additional past papers with the marking schemes or as said above you will need to get them from the galore park site.

dogandcat Tue 12-May-15 18:23:50

My Dd is in an independent school and according to her maths teacher, is working on GCSE level

So is the teacher actually preparing her for 13+ or busy doing the GCSE syllabus?! She should be doing past papers all the time at the moment.

L3 is the hardest CE level - where is she going next - the secondary school normally dictates the level that is required and the pass mark.

Dreamgirl1111 Thu 14-May-15 09:46:21

She is already in a secondary school and not going to sit the 13+ , sorry I should have explained.
I just wanted to compare her knowledge and give her some additional practice for her end of year exam. After the 11+, two years ago, I feel that they are not stretched enough even though she is in the top set in maths.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now