Talk

Advanced search

Secondary appeals. Anyone had theirs?

(383 Posts)
Miele72 Sat 09-May-15 21:02:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ThatIsNachoCheese Sat 09-May-15 21:14:38

Haven't had ours yet, it's a week on Monday. Marking my place and wishing you luck smile

Naynay2408 Sun 10-May-15 02:13:49

Hey, I also haven't had mine will do on the 22/May. Just recieved the school's case so going through it however, much of it is vague and confusing. I wish you all the best.

Miele72 Sun 10-May-15 08:51:02

threeofus Sun 10-May-15 10:39:07

Ours is on 18-19. Good luck everyone

Eddas Sun 10-May-15 21:54:21

I have two grammar appeals, one on the 12th and the other on the 20th. Starting to get real an scary!!

Good luck everyone

LaughingHyena Mon 11-May-15 09:07:19

Our stage one is this week, and stage two next week. Nothing like stringing it out for a bit to ramp up the stress.

itsveryyou Mon 11-May-15 16:32:20

Ours is on May 20th. We can't attend as will be out of the country, so we're sending in a family member to represent us - not ideal, but the best we can do in the circumstances! We asked them to move the date to a day when we could attend in person, but they said it's not possible.

stilllearnin Tue 12-May-15 09:58:46

I've had one and still waiting to hear. Do not think I have a strong enough case tbh. Have another next week (joy).

Miele I remember your case I think and I'm wishing you the best of luck - I really think you deserve to get in. Hope they can see that.

Miele72 Tue 12-May-15 21:57:11

admission Tue 12-May-15 22:35:58

Deep breath and just think about what you want to say. Keep calm as possible and you will be fine.

stilllearnin Tue 12-May-15 22:38:50

There is so little you can do more than you have already Miele! Good luck

Miele72 Wed 13-May-15 11:21:52

Miele72 Wed 13-May-15 11:23:12

stilllearnin Wed 13-May-15 12:14:47

Well done! Sounds good- I hope you get what you need.

Naynay2408 Wed 13-May-15 13:07:46

Well done for getting over the harest part, it sounds very promising. I wish you all the best with the results :-)

Miele72 Wed 13-May-15 13:18:58

itsveryyou Wed 13-May-15 15:14:40

Well done, you've done all you can and you'll find out soon, but it does sound very reassuring. Fingers crossed! We have ours a week today.

Miele72 Wed 13-May-15 17:50:42

itsveryyou Wed 13-May-15 18:22:28

Miele Thank you, I will! I don't know how long it'll take them to let us know...hopefully by the end of next week so we can begin to make plans and give DS some stability. Our appeal pretty much hinges on whether correct procedure was followed, so anything could happen. And we can't be there as we're out of the country, so my Mum is representing us (yay mum!) But, we're happy we've done all we can to prepare...

Naynay2408 Wed 13-May-15 22:07:04

Itsveryyou I wish you all the best as well, what will we do with out our mums ah! Mine is on the 22/05. I'm getting prepared but certainly not looking forward to it. Please report back and let us know how it goes.

ThatIsNachoCheese Thu 14-May-15 07:50:19

Oh god, I get into a total panic whenever I think of mine sad

Miele72 Thu 14-May-15 11:12:12

itsveryyou Thu 14-May-15 17:23:39

Thanks Miele that's reassuring. We have paper trails coming out of our ears to demonstrate the procedural errors we believe were made/ misinformation given, and we put our pack together in what we think is a logical manner.

The paperwork which came to us from the admissions authority seems really mixed up, with bits of our appeal pack no longer in order, interspersed with their own documents, some blank papers and some repetition, and so I hope the appeal panel can make their way through all 55 pages without losing the will!

Once this process is over and we have a decision, we wouldn't pursue it further, I'm not sure it would be for the benefit of anyone, least of all our DS!

Best of luck to everyone going through this right now!

LaughingHyena Fri 15-May-15 12:43:48

Well stage one is over, now we just have to wait to put our own case next week. While I wish the two were closer together so we could get the whole thing out of the way, it's nice to have "met" the panel already before we have to present to them next week.

I found the group hearing quite challenging to follow, obviously there were a lot of strong feelings but I was surprised at how long some discussions were allowed to continue which were either quite personal to individual cases, or not really relevant to the appeals. I also found it quite difficult to hear and had to ask for a few things to be repeated as we had a toddler running round the hall who while mostly happy was not quiet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now