Talk

Advanced search

Colai (City of London academy)

(5 Posts)
Murma Thu 30-Apr-15 22:14:37

Hi
My daughter is at ega in islington, and not getting on well at all there. We're thinking of applying to the city of London academy. (COLAI). Does anyone have a child there or have any experience of it. Looks good on paper but would like to know about it from personal experience.

Thank you

Murma Thu 30-Apr-15 23:58:11

Sorry forgot to say its city of London academy ISLINGTON

bobthebuddha Sun 03-May-15 22:59:58

Sorry you've not had any responses so far Murma. No direct experience, but a parent of a girl in my DS's class is sending their daughter to COLAI in September. They have older DCs there and told me they've been happy with the school.

Might Highbury Fields and Highbury Grove be worth a look also?

Murma Mon 04-May-15 21:30:34

Hello bothebuddha

Thank you so much for your reply. It's really good to know that someone has had a positive experience at colai. It's always good to hear from people who have actually goes there/knows someone who goes to a school rather than just look at a school website.

Will look at highbury grove again as it's a mixed school.

Thanks again

bobthebuddha Sun 17-May-15 14:28:21

Hello again - bit late in the day but as I by chance spoke to another parent the other day about COLAI I thought I'd follow up. They don't have direct experience (in its current form anyway, although they went there themselves) but know several parents who pulled their kids out and don't recommend. Their eldest goes to St Mary Magdalene Academy (as does one of mine come September). Also mixed, so you may want to check it out as well. That said, there have been some threads on here from parents with issues with SMMA. Just goes to show that particular schools don't (and, I dare say, can't) suit everyone. Good luck anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now