Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone from Kendal travel to Lancaster girls grammar?

(8 Posts)
Valentyna01 Mon 23-Feb-15 22:59:57

Just wondered if girls from Kendal stand any chance getting into the grammar school at all? I know that Kendal is not their catchment area but may be there is still a possibility?!

Szeli Sat 04-Jul-15 23:47:10

I don't recall anyone from Kendal.

Lots from Kendal attend QES though

fourcorneredcircle Sun 05-Jul-15 11:10:00

Never heard of one sorry. QES, Dallam and QKS are all outstanding schools (and irbid Kendal is good I think). You still have plenty of options.

zazas Sun 05-Jul-15 16:39:44

From what I understand due to catchment not possible in Key Stage 3 & 4 but they do attend in the 6th Form.

UnbelievableBollocks Sun 05-Jul-15 16:42:18

You have to live in catchment to get in. The only people I know who managed it rented a flat in Lancaster so they had an address.

I'd not want to be doing that commute anyway. You have QES and Dallam.

Szeli Sun 05-Jul-15 19:12:09

It's really not that great a school to even want to travel so far

Kevinthefruitbat Thu 09-Jul-15 12:21:08

My neighbours DD travelled there from Kendal for 6th form. Her mum said if she had her time again she'd send her to Kirkbie Kendal for 6th form as it's apparently become outstanding in the last couple of years.

allithwaite Thu 09-Jul-15 15:47:38

it depends on the year and applications, i know people in grange who passed 11 + and didn't get in but, the next year others who did. but you are the very bottom of the list.

wouldn't go near dallam, would stick with QKS or QES

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now