Advanced search

Online GCSE Spanish course....

(8 Posts)
Hakluyt Tue 17-Feb-15 06:11:43

.....does anyone know of a good one?

Enough27 Tue 17-Feb-15 06:17:16

Sorry no, but I'd be interested in knowing about one too. DD doing two MFLs and Latin at school but wants to do Spanish outside as can't at school. I think this is too many languages, but I'd be interested in seeing what's out there.

BrendaBlackhead Tue 17-Feb-15 08:23:26

You can do Latin in your own time (Ds did GCSE by himself) but the problem with GCSE modern languages is that you need to do an aural component and a written paper in an approved setting.

Doing three modern languages + Latin is a bit of a tall order. Spreading oneself a bit thin, I think. I did three modern languages at (ahem) O Level and with hindsight (such a wonderful thing) it would've been better to concentrate on knowing one or two better.

Enough27 Tue 17-Feb-15 16:15:20

I agree Brenda, two is enough I think. Problem is, she can't choose between French and Spanish - will definitely do German.

Hakluyt Tue 17-Feb-15 18:04:37

Back to the online Spanish course? Any ideas?

GirlsTimesThree Tue 17-Feb-15 18:33:24

My DD wanted to take Spanish for A level having not taken it for GCSE.
If it's any help, they suggested using the school's GCSE text and work books and using the Rosetta Stone course over the summer holidays before she started year 12. It worked really well for her and she managed to get to the level needed to take it for A level.

Hakluyt Wed 18-Feb-15 17:01:24

Thank you- but I need a GCSE one.....any ideas?

Mumteadumpty Wed 18-Feb-15 19:23:09

BBC Bitesize any help?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now