Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Haileybury academic scholarships - enrichment?

(6 Posts)
Duckinadither Sat 14-Feb-15 16:45:19

Does anyone have a child with a Haileybury academic scholarship? To our surprise, DS has been offered one, but although he likes the school a lot it isn't his favoured school. In addition to the fee rebate, there is an "enrichment programme" followed by scholars. Can anyone fill me in on what this involves - frequency, scope etc. I just don't know whether we'd be crazy to pass up this opportunity or whether in reality it wouldn't make a big difference to his education. His favoured school is cheaper, so the money is not this issue here. Thank you.

Dancingdreamer Sun 15-Feb-15 17:49:06

Not sure if this helps as no direct experience of school. However DS knows someone who is ex-Haileybury. She really praised the school. Said that she felt the school really helped pupils achieve their maximum potential. Also said they gave loads of help and advice when looking at university options.

MillyMollyMama Sun 15-Feb-15 21:15:14

It says on their website!!! Take a look.

Duckinadither Sun 15-Feb-15 21:25:32

MillyMollyMama - I've read every word of the website (I think!) so many times I could recite it in my sleep, but still can't see anything that tells me just how much "added extra" the enrichment programme involves - are we talking about one extra session a month or three a week?! If you can direct me to this info I'd me most grateful...

MillyMollyMama Sun 15-Feb-15 22:34:27

I think you have to see the Able Gifted and Talented Policy. I would ask the school what the precise details are re time tabling. At my DDs school it was debating with the Head, preparation for Oxbridge, critical thinking lessons and a few other bits and pieces. Whether being a scholar at Haileybury is better than not being a scholar elsewhere is a choice only you can make but I would ask Haileybury for more details if they cannot satisfy you with the details on the web site. It maybe lots of things they do, such as trips, are not timetabled as such.

Hahdkdie Mon 30-Jan-17 06:55:47

I have a 75% scholarship from Haileybury and I've attended the school for two years now, and it is a really good school. I recommend taking it,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now