Talk

Advanced search

Considering Queen Ethelburgas Faculty for Sixth Form

(5 Posts)
jcm2000 Fri 30-Jan-15 10:48:02

My son is currently at a boarding school in year 10 but we are considering possibly moving him to QE Faculty for sixth form as they have a wide range of options for B Tech study which can be combined with A Levels as we feel at this stage my son would be more suited to the BTech structure rather than pure A Levels. Has anyone had any experience of QE?

happygardening Fri 30-Jan-15 11:53:10

Have you searched Queen Ethelburgas? There was a massive thread in the education section about it last year.

happygardening Fri 30-Jan-15 11:57:03

here

meditrina Fri 30-Jan-15 12:07:42

Think the other threads are probably not relevant here, as they tend to discuss the wider profile if the school.

This is specifically abiut the faculty, and whether that is a good choice for a pupil who wants to take BTEC courses, and au think the answer is that it may well be.

You would need to look at the boarding community (his many full boarders, what proportion international, and numbers of each sex), as well as the results for the BTECs and A op levels you are interested in (IIRC, it's best grades are for math and languages, and check for the latter the proportion of those taught by the school as MFL and those which are the home languages of the candidates).

jcm2000 Fri 30-Jan-15 12:14:41

I am still a little confused as to what the main criticisms are about QE as the majority of the comments have been deleted. My son currently goes to a boarding school with over 95% full boarders. He is settled there but we will have to see what GCSE's bring as to whether he will be suited to A levels. I would prefer him to stay where he is but it really depends what suits his ability. Can anyone suggest any other boarding schools which may cater for BTech students combined with A levels preferably within 100 miles radius of Lincoln where we live?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: