Talk

Advanced search

Any grammar schools if you live in Windsor

(6 Posts)
nebzil Mon 26-Jan-15 12:03:34

Hi All,
Can anyone tell me of anyone who has child who goes to a Grammar school and lives in Windsor? My research suggests Windsor is too far for all the Slough ones and the one in Marlow - but I heard a rumour there are people at Slough Grammars who live in Windsor.
We are thinking of leaving Windsor based on not being able to get to a Grammar school and the only options being Windsor Boys or Girls. Is this true? Could you access the Holyport new school if you live in Windsor or do you need to live much nearer?
Thanks

grovel Mon 26-Jan-15 12:26:51

www.holyportcollege.org.uk/admissions/admissions-policy-copy/

Holyport Admissions Policy. Looks like they favour pupils from Windsor Middle Schools.

nebzil Mon 26-Jan-15 17:55:20

Interesting - thank you for that. Doesn't seem to be many places available at all! Any knowledge of Grammar school allocation when living in Windsor?

tiggytape Tue 27-Jan-15 10:52:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MillyMollyMama Tue 27-Jan-15 14:04:26

If you moved to Buckinghamshire, you would have a higher chance of getting a Grammar school place because about 30-35% of children obtain a grammar school place in South Bucks and house prices would be broadly similar. Marlow, Burnham or High Wycombe would offer possibilities but you would need to do research regarding catchment areas of the schools you are interested in. The downside is that some of the Bucks secondary modern schools are not great so you need to choose your area carefully. If you cannot afford a private secondary school, I would choose where to live based on the catchment for the best secondary moderns in Bucks and then accept the grammar school that serves that area. They will all be pretty good, unlike the secondary moderns!

GlaceCherries Tue 27-Jan-15 17:41:33

What year are your kids in? Currently the catchment for the Reading grammars extend to certain postcodes in Windsor, there are kids who travel in from that far afield.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: