Talk

Advanced search

Get £10 off your first lesson with Mumsnet-Rated tutoring service Tutorful here

Reading boys vs Slough consortium

(4 Posts)
deepetinu Mon 26-Jan-15 09:52:01

Dear Parents
I need your help in taking very critical decision please. So all the mum and dad of the children who go to Reading boys or Any of slough consortium school ,please come forward. My dilemma is as follows.
I have got a son , who is reasonably bright and will be sitting in 11+ exam this year. We live in slough. Now I heard that Reading boys is 100 times better school than any slough consortium school. Is this correct ? Since we do not come in Reading boys catcment so we will have to move from Slough to Reading. Now before we do that we want to be super sure that this is the right thing we are doing. Also as a parent if your son get the call from both the school , Reading boys or any slough consortium school , where would you go and why ?
Many many many thanks for taking time in advance.
Regards
Deepetinu

AtiaoftheJulii Mon 26-Jan-15 12:12:43

You have to be living in the designated area before you apply - last year's date was 20th June 2014 for entrance September 2015. So moving would be a gamble!

Reading gets better results I think, but I guess it's more selective, as there are three (?) grammars in Slough. So no reason why any one child shouldn't do as well at a Slough grammar. I wouldn't say 100x better - there are cons of Reading, as I'm sure there are of the Slough schools.

Honestly, if I were you, and Slough works for the rest of the family, I would stay put.

NaiveMaverick Mon 26-Jan-15 16:19:57

Langley and Herschel are both excellent schools. No way would I move to Reading from Slough just to get into Reading Boys.

AtiaoftheJulii Mon 26-Jan-15 16:32:04

... for the 15% chance of getting into RS!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: