Talk

Advanced search

Co-ed Independent Senior schools in Surrey, Sussex, Berkshire, Wiltshire

(7 Posts)
rebby Mon 19-Jan-15 13:19:59

Can anyone recommend a good co-ed senior school in Surrey, Sussex, Berkshire or Wiltshire - they are the areas we are looking at moving to and I need to start booking open days... I'm looking for a day place but within a boarding school is fine. Academic but caring, I'm not looking for a bitchy hot house but do want great results as DC is academic but sensitive... Help much appreciated.

CherryEmma Mon 19-Jan-15 15:45:39

Hello, could be worth posting this on MN Local Surrey:

local.mumsnet.com/Talk/local_surrey

Local Editor

happygardening Mon 19-Jan-15 16:37:09

Friends DS who sound similar to yours is very happy at Bradfield.

CQ Mon 19-Jan-15 16:42:23

We're on the Berks/Oxon border. We looked at Bradfield, Pangbourne, Leighton Park. Friend of mine's DCs are very happy at Bearwood.

Would have looked at Wellington but there was an investigation at the time into one of the teachers so I gave it a miss hmm but it's got a great reputation.

In the end our DC's have gone to different, single sex schools. Would have been nice to have them at the same one, for ease of logistics, but they are both very happy at their schools and I think doing better there than they would have at any of the above. DS had a place at Bradfield until the last minute but they were very pro-boarding - we preferred day school for our family.

ZebraGiraffe Mon 19-Jan-15 17:29:09

Wellington is a fantastic option.

Epsom College, Caterham, St John's, Hurstpeirpoint, Brighton College, Cranleigh

Fugacity Mon 19-Jan-15 20:21:20

My boys went to St George's College in Addlestone, Surrey. We were very happy with it.

MrsMcRuff Mon 19-Jan-15 20:28:26

Dauntsey's in Wiltshire might be worth a look.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: