Talk

Advanced search

CHanging school in year 10? St helens

(3 Posts)
flossy2000 Fri 16-Jan-15 22:14:00

My daughter is currently in year 10 at NLCS but is not very happy and hasn't been for the past 3 years. The school isn't great with pastoral care and there is a lot of stress. she is intelligent but not loud and outgoing like some girls. We are considering st helens, north wood college…. trying to steer clear of shhs, channing and the like. But she is doing her gcse courses? Opinions would be great

roisin Fri 16-Jan-15 22:30:25

It's a really difficult time to move, as the two schools will dp different boards, have different timetables, etc. for that reasons most schools are very reluctant to admit pupils at this stage unless there is a major issue/reason for moving: like setious bullying.

Clonakiltylil Sat 17-Jan-15 17:25:59

I know of the schools you mention but don't know anything about them as I don't live in your area so this is only a general comment.

Forgive me - but isn't this something that should have been sorted out this time last year? As well as different exam boards, she will have missed a quarter of the entire GCSE course. Different schools cover different topics, texts and so on. There might even be controlled assessment tasks which have been taught and taken by everyone else.

It is sad she is not happy but in a new school she would still feel quite unsettled until she made good friends. Maybe you should approach the Head of Year to discuss the Pastoral structure - surely they could do more to help her?

All you can do, in my opinion, is to look at the other schools for A Level. It would be too disruptive to move now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: