Talk

Advanced search

Have your DCs finished the GCSE syllabuses?

(8 Posts)
JugglingChaotically Thu 15-Jan-15 22:23:59

My DD is still a way off
So no time to consolidate
Is this standard?
When do they normally finish and start revising and working on gaps?
Tks

noblegiraffe Thu 15-Jan-15 22:30:25

We normally aim to finish by Easter, unless it's a really late Easter. I know that science seem to run to the wire in our school as I think they have far more stuff to cover.

Fourarmsv2 Fri 16-Jan-15 21:51:37

We've got a few topics to cover yet too (Science). We'll still have a bit of revision time smile

BackforGood Sat 17-Jan-15 00:12:14

No.

marcopront Sat 17-Jan-15 06:39:08

I've just finished with my foundation group but I gave them a past paper to see what they know and on the first paper they all get less than half marks. This was with no preparation, so I am hoping when we review it, they will go "oh yes I remember that". Otherwise we have a lot to do.

roisin Sat 17-Jan-15 06:45:00

ds2 has not finished the curriculum in most subjects - most are teaching up until Easter, I think.

English language is skills-based; they finished all the coursework about 4 months ago, so it's just exam skills practice and prep now. But they will also spend about 6 weeks studying the play for English Lit, I think.

In music I think they may have finished the curriculum, as well as all coursework. They have performance assessments later this half term (individual and group), then exam practice.

TeenAndTween Sat 17-Jan-15 07:35:56

Only for maths I think.

I think (double) science and history will be done by half term though.
2 CAs still to do for both MFLs, one whole class redo for English lang.

TheWordFactory Sat 17-Jan-15 09:04:32

Some subjects yes, some no.

I believe all CAs, ISAs etc are finished.

The plan is to be done by half term .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: