Talk

Advanced search

Get £10 off your first lesson with Mumsnet-Rated tutoring service Tutorful here

Absent from an A2 mock - problem?

(10 Posts)
Morven11 Tue 13-Jan-15 22:23:30

DS is in bed - rotten headache. Mocks week and feels the pressure. Worried that he hasn't been able to revise this afternoon/evening for his final mock tomorrow morning (History). He looks so pale.

If he's OK, he should of course go in and do his best. But if he's still feeling rotten or has a very bad night, could he possible do this exam another time? Under exam conditions at home or another time at school. Anyone with a DC who's done this? School is big - bit anonymous - but must have contingency plans. Be different with a 'real' exam, I guess.

Quitethewoodsman Tue 13-Jan-15 22:29:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

twentyten Tue 13-Jan-15 22:53:57

Phone in. Hope he feels better.

Decorhate Wed 14-Jan-15 06:21:44

My dd is missing one today as she has a university interview. She will just do it tomorrow instead.

noblegiraffe Wed 14-Jan-15 18:42:24

It's fine, they will arrange another time. I just sent one home with a student who missed one last week.

Morven11 Wed 14-Jan-15 22:32:34

Many thanks, all. I told DS that if he really couldn't get in, it would be alright - the school would understand and sort something out. (I mentioned MN and he seemed impressed that we mums get down to that level of detail on our threads!)

Anyway, he went into school, tired but OK and said that it wasn't too awful - I think he's glad he made the effort but it was good to have your advice because things might have been rather different.

Mindgone Thu 15-Jan-15 18:28:45

I think it's good practice to go ahead and do it, because you never know what might happen for the real thing. DS did his mocks last week a day after his grandfather died unexpectedly. Rightly or wrongly, he went in and did the exams, and found it very difficult to concentrate. I phoned his form teacher and explained the situation, but asked for no fuss. Well done to your DS for going in!

Leeds2 Thu 15-Jan-15 19:39:46

Yes, well done to your DS and I hope he did as well as he expected to.

morethanpotatoprints Thu 15-Jan-15 19:42:33

I don't think mocks are that important tbh.
My friends dd has missed a couple now due to uni interviews and the school rang her mum to complain.
What are you supposed to do if you have interviews or are sick.
The real ones are what is important.

Phineyj Thu 15-Jan-15 19:44:58

Mocks are important! But of course if a student is properly ill they will be rearranged, like any other test will be.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: