Talk

Advanced search

RGS ENTRANCE EXAM

(7 Posts)
purebeauty18 Thu 08-Jan-15 14:46:17

Hi, does anyone have boys sitting RGS Guildford entrance exam this weekend, if so any ideas what sort of questions that will be asked in the interview? I have heard they can asked some tricky questions!

Kay34 Thu 08-Jan-15 15:20:29

I read some good feedback from 2012, 2013 and 2014 previous threads.
Previously they asked you to fill a card in with your hobbies and interests and asked you about that. In 2012 they asked what you would spent the Olympics money on. I think they look for what your DS is interested in and can talk enthusiastically about.

inthename Thu 08-Jan-15 17:36:44

ds was asked what new sport would he invent, if he had a million pounds what would he use it for and if he were a super hero what special powers would he have and what would he call himself.

ZebraGiraffe Thu 08-Jan-15 19:03:09

DS (over 12 yeas ago!!) was asked the million pound question. RGS go quite out the box and want to see a boy become enthusiastic and adventurous.

IvySquirrel Thu 08-Jan-15 21:01:47

I've posted on previous year threads so you may already have seen -
What would you spend a million pounds on
If you had all the Olympics money what would you spend it on instead
What did you do for Christmas
What new sport would you introduce in school
Various questions to do with hobbies and sports etc

They are very friendly and try to put the boys at ease. Good luck!

Mumtogremlins Thu 15-Jan-15 13:34:07

My DS sat the exam last week and was asked what he'd take if his house was burning down. He said a book, a torch and his teddy bear grin

Tisawiedge Fri 16-Jan-15 15:26:58

What a fantastic answer - especially as it included a book!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: