Talk

Advanced search

do Year 10 sit mock exams?

(9 Posts)
kissmyheathenass Sat 27-Dec-14 17:54:23

Sitting here planning holidays for next year, possibly Easter or Spring half term. DS is Year 10 and I dont want to book anything for a time when he should be revising. Do Year 10s do mocks (I am sure I should know this already but I dont). TIA

mummytime Sat 27-Dec-14 18:43:24

Depends on the school - you will have to ask them. Different schools do things very differently.

kissmyheathenass Sat 27-Dec-14 18:47:01

I assumed there was a set time <clueless> but according to calendar on school website there are mocks in February for Year 11. do you think this is instead of ones at end of Year 10?

GraysAnalogy Sat 27-Dec-14 18:48:53

I was supposed to do mine in Year 10 in June, all the schools in the area do this still.

But instead I was at Download festival

DoctorDonnaNoble Sat 27-Dec-14 18:53:57

We have end of year exams in year 10 in the summer. Mocks for year 11 in January.
However, all schools arrange these things differently. The information may be on the school's website.

poisonedbypen Sat 27-Dec-14 18:55:16

Ours had school exams at the end of June in year10 (after all the public exams had finished so that there was room in the gym/hall etc). In year11 they had mocks before christmas (used to be after Christmas but they moved them a count of years ago. Every school will be different

kissmyheathenass Sat 27-Dec-14 18:56:19

Thanks for replies. Only info on school website is about mocks in February. I assume there may be end of year exams so I will just have to hold off booking any holiday till I check with ds's school in January.

GraysAnaolgy, I dont blame you!

mummytime Sat 27-Dec-14 19:25:59

My DCs school has no exams in year 10, but Mocks in January year 11 (most other schools here do Mocks in December).

gardenfeature Sat 27-Dec-14 20:27:25

Ours just do core science mock and then core science GCSE in Yr10. The triple science students will do the whole lot in Yr11.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now