Talk

Advanced search

Any French teachers? looking for good support book

(9 Posts)
Takver Fri 19-Dec-14 11:51:19

DD (yr 8) has been really enjoying french, but they currently have a (french) student teacher who isn't great at explaining things, & she's getting a bit frustrated.

I wondered if there was any good basics book that might help her eg as a reference for when she's doing homework?

When I was learning Spanish, I had a fantastic little booklet Punto por Punto which just tells you everything you need to know as a quick reference, but the French equivalent 'Mille et un Points' isn't anywhere near as good and clear in my experience, definitely not suitable for a relative beginner.

If it helps, dd speaks 2 languages at school, and is reasonably au fait with grammar structures, so a fairly formal book would suit fine, I think - she's a very logical minded child, and is comfortable with that type of approach.

Takver Fri 19-Dec-14 18:26:14

IndridCold Fri 19-Dec-14 19:06:06

Not a book, but this website is very good. It covers all the basics and has interactive exercises. A bit American, but fun.

Takver Fri 19-Dec-14 20:58:22

That looks interesting, Indrid, many thanks. Any other suggestions welcome smile

JellyBabiesSaveLives Fri 19-Dec-14 22:32:06

CGP study guides are good - you'd need the KS3 French one

castlesintheair Fri 19-Dec-14 22:41:22

My DC use Bescherelle. The Bescherelle Collège might be appropriate for your DD.

Quitethewoodsman Sat 20-Dec-14 15:52:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Quitethewoodsman Sat 20-Dec-14 15:52:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Takver Sat 20-Dec-14 21:26:30

Textbook is a good suggestion, will ask her. She gets a bit stressed about homework sometimes . . . fine if DH is at home but if I try to help it comes out spanish, which really is no good (sad she doesn't get the option of Spanish at all sad )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now