Talk

Advanced search

Westminster School

(6 Posts)
tolstoy Wed 17-Dec-14 15:33:13

Hi, my son has been called for interview (13+ entry), therefore, does anyone know what the 'short tests' in english and maths are (e.g. poetry questions or write a short story etc. and wordy maths problems etc)?

WorkingItOutAsIGo Thu 18-Dec-14 07:19:15

I think you will find no-one can help. They were new last year and I would imagine will have evolved this year. Since they haven't yet started no-one can tell you - and those who could won't wish to as their sons will be competing with yours.

Last year they were I think both online and the maths was tough. Just keep up your son's general schoolwork and relax - Westminster know what they are looking for and can see it for themselves.

tolstoy Thu 18-Dec-14 18:01:00

many thanks for your thoughts - appreciated (he's 'passed' the english,maths, verbal and non-verbal online i.e. the first hoop he had to jump through. so he just has to get through the maths, english and interview). kids (and parents) tend to feel a tiny bit less anxious if they know what to expect e.g. reading out loud or oral maths test etc.).

Michaelahpurple Mon 22-Dec-14 11:57:45

Last year the English was a comprehension, written long hand and according to my son and chums v hard, which would make sense as the pretest English was considered oddly easy (by the under school anyway)

Michaelahpurple Mon 22-Dec-14 11:59:13

Sorry - had to split post. Maths was answered by entering numbers on computer (so computer based but not multi guess) and was trad problem type stuff. Not long. I don't know if it will change this year of course

tolstoy Mon 22-Dec-14 23:06:57

thank you so much, this is so reassuring because poetry is not my son's thing. he really likes westminster, so i'm not looking forward to breaking bad news of no offer, if he's not one of the lucky few. he and i wish the interview was tomorrow, to get it over with smile anyway, appreciate the info. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now