Talk

Advanced search

Do you send in Christmas gifts for form teachers?

(10 Posts)
Itsgoingtoreindeer Tue 16-Dec-14 21:02:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

afterthought Tue 16-Dec-14 21:04:15

Presents are rare. I would send the card though. When I've had one of those days when I just want to give up I get out my box of cards and it makes me remember why I do it.

Itsgoingtoreindeer Tue 16-Dec-14 21:11:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Leeds2 Tue 16-Dec-14 21:45:49

I have never sent a card/present during DD's secondary years.

In the circumstances you describe, I would be sending in a bottle of wine and a card expressing my thanks. Teachers like that are worth their weight in gold.

AtiaoftheJulii Wed 17-Dec-14 06:34:41

Older kids never have. Dd3's form tutor put herself in their secret santa, which I thought was a good way round it smile But yes, a card is good smile

noblegiraffe Wed 17-Dec-14 07:08:26

Kids don't bring in presents in secondary as a rule, so if you did send in one, she'd be over the moon.

If you don't want to single your DD out by having her hand it over you could drop it off at reception.

However, if you think she's wonderful, the best gift would be an email detailing this, copying in the head.

ladygracie Wed 17-Dec-14 07:12:35

I send one in if dd asks me to buy something. Usually for her form tutor but she hasn't this year.

wannabestressfree Wed 17-Dec-14 07:15:33

I have had a couple over the years. I would take it in and leave at reception if I were you.

Boysandme Wed 17-Dec-14 07:19:02

We haven't but then DS's form tutor is crap and really doesn't know him even but yr 9.

In your circumstances I think it is a lovely idea and would drop at reception to avoid Dd looking like teachers pet.

eatyourveg Fri 19-Dec-14 09:20:30

dc were in a small independent where everyone knew everyone regardless of whether they were in their class. I sent in a tin of chocolates for the staff room every year with a card to all the staff - some pupils gave their tutors a gift (usually wine of chocs) - think it depends on the school. If it was a school of 1000+ pupils I definitely wouldn't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now