Talk

Advanced search

Westnminster and St Pauls - exam and interview

(7 Posts)
Chocolateteacake Sun 14-Dec-14 19:01:37

Does anyone know what to expect for the interviews and interviews?

The schools don't seem to publish past papers and the exams are quite short (about 30 mins each).

naughtyornicename Mon 15-Dec-14 16:25:42

Maybe ask your current Head? I think at Westmister they need to take a 'show and tell' object.

WorkingItOutAsIGo Mon 15-Dec-14 21:46:14

Last year as I recollect Westminster gave boys an online maths and English paper, and then a fairly structured interview (my DS could read the questions she worked through upside down). SPS give them a 10 or 15 minute question for each of maths and English and then discuss those, plus topics drawn from the form your son is sent to fill in. This was a very wide and imaginative interview and I would have found it daunting but I think they pitch it for 11 yo boys well. And yes an object to discuss at Westminster too.

So apart from the object, nothing you can prepare for.

Chocolateteacake Tue 16-Dec-14 10:44:49

Online? They've already had the ISEB online reasoning tests... I suppose it's a sign o' the times...

Interviews are so daunting for a 10 year old!

WorkingItOutAsIGo Tue 16-Dec-14 17:13:29

Just make sure your DS knows how to enter a room, make eye contact and shake hands. Then encourage him to think about what he would like to talk about - what is his favourite subject, what book has he recently enjoyed etc. Best to encourage him to think of it as a one to one talk with someone who wants to learn all about him, not an interview. Good luck!

Chocolateteacake Tue 16-Dec-14 22:58:27

I just need to teach him how to stop talking! He even talks in his sleep. Bless 'im.

WorkingItOutAsIGo Wed 17-Dec-14 11:17:23

That's a good quality problem to have when it comes to interviews!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now