Talk

Advanced search

Common Entrance Pre Tests

(5 Posts)
tolstoy Sat 13-Dec-14 22:28:06

Having done the pre-test (initial screen) my son has been invited to sit the actual test and be interviewed, for Westminster and St Paul's. Does anyone know the percentage chance of being offered a conditional place at either i.e. how many boys are invited for test and interview at each and how many actual places are there at each)? Many thanks

WorkingItOutAsIGo Wed 17-Dec-14 11:11:40

I remember being told it last year at the meetings they had for parents - for Westminster something like 600 applicants, 240 interviews, 60 places. SPS has about 90 places. Because they both only offer once per place now they offers are limited - our school got 25% offers amongst those invited to interview at Westminster and I think about 30% at SPS - plus lots of waiting list places. So still pretty tough odds.

tolstoy Wed 17-Dec-14 14:01:20

many thanks, really helpful

Michaelahpurple Mon 22-Dec-14 12:01:41

There are I think about 250 interviewed which looks like a 50/50 chance for the circa 120 but the numbers are skewed by the under school as this counts them and generally

Michaelahpurple Mon 22-Dec-14 12:03:08

About 40 offers are made to current year 6 boys and then there are places earmarked for the 25 odd 11+ entrants ie in the end about 50 boys on average from the under school take up places.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now