Talk

Advanced search

Charterhouse or Headington? 6th form boarding from overseas

(7 Posts)
neige22 Thu 04-Dec-14 10:30:20

Hi everybody! I'm new here and hope to get some valuable advice. My girl got offer from both CH and Headington. She is not sporty but bookish, loves science but still not sure what to do in the future. Ch and Headington, are they very pushy and results-oriented? If my girl at times fails to meet the targets set by the teachers, will she be under a lot of stress? Also, are there more international students in Headington? Please help!

ChipsAndEgg Fri 05-Dec-14 12:22:05

My daughter is at Headington and I would say they have all types there: sporty, bookish etc. About a third of girls are borders. 'Pushy and results oriented' are not words that I would associate with the school. They are very good at supporting the girls and are more focussed on 'value-added' rather than outright results. It's a very good school.

neige22 Fri 05-Dec-14 14:56:16

Thank you ChipsAndEgg! How about the mixture of girls? Some one told me Headington is like an international school. Do the girls blend well with different cultures? One of my concern is, honestly, are there a lot of rich Asians?

ChipsAndEgg Mon 08-Dec-14 14:03:27

I don't have exact (or even approximate)figures, but I'd would guess that borders are around 35% of the senior school and of those maybe 50-60% are from the far east (China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Singapore). The rest are from Europe, Africa, North America etc. I've not heard of any problems with mixing with borders/international pupils, everyone seems to get on very well together.

neige22 Tue 09-Dec-14 15:22:06

Thank you ChipsAndEgg for your valuable advice!

JugglingChaotically Wed 10-Dec-14 08:23:03

Check out the numbers in at weekends - ask really direct questions - as lots go home at weekends.
Charterhouse has Saturday morning school and functions on a full boarding timetable.
Headington I think is more of a day school model.
Nice choice to have though!

neige22 Mon 15-Dec-14 03:30:11

JugglingChaotically: Thank you for the information. We would put our DD in Charterhouse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now