Talk

Advanced search

Anyone teaching A level Biology Edexcel?

(3 Posts)
Cathpot Mon 24-Nov-14 07:21:02

Hi- I am doing my AS at the moment with Edexcel as a distance learning course, so I have intermittent contact with an online tutor, the learning materials sent by the online course people and 2 texts which are not Edexcel- I am overseas so my options are limited.

I have downloaded the spec from the Edexcel website but the course materials hand out-whilst broadly the same doesn't follow in the same order or all have all the concepts mentioned in the spec.

For instance, while my course handout has lots on the structure and function of various carbohydrates, it doesn't go into how the structure is linked to the function which is mentioned in the spec. I was thinking what I really need is lots of past papers and mark schemes so I can see how the questions come up, but when I try and access past papers and mark schemes on the Edexcel website it asks me to log in- which I cant do. Are there any other places I could find these?

Thanks for any help.

EndoplasmicReticulum Mon 24-Nov-14 21:36:34

I don't teach Edexcel, but it seems to me that you can get the past papers from their website here:

www.edexcel.com/quals/gce/gce08/biology/Pages/default.aspx

Can you buy yourself a revision guide?

Cathpot Tue 25-Nov-14 16:11:49

Thanks for replying- I'll have a look at that website. I've ordered a revision guide but post where we are is a bit hit and miss and takes a while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now