Talk

Advanced search

RAAS (Royal Alexandra & Albert School) vs SGS (Steyning Grammar School)

(3 Posts)
EEparent Sun 23-Nov-14 01:23:25

Seek your advice.

Our son has got admission offers by RAAS and Steyning Grammar School. It is very hard for us to choose which one. We like RAAS than Steyning, but RAAS's academic result is not good and their number of SEN is higher than the national average. On the other hand, RAAS� s boarding community is bigger than Steyning. How many full boarders (not flexi boarders) in RAAS? I am not sure.

I want to know about RAAS and Steyning Grammar School. Anyone who has child studying there? Would you please share information with me? Thank you.

LIZS Sun 23-Nov-14 07:07:03

There have been other threads about this recently .
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/secondary/2195098-Royal-Alexandra-and-Albert-School
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/education/1621857-Royal-Alexandra-and-Albert-School-RAAS-Ofsted-boarding-report-inadequate
Full boarding at either is relatively small. RAAs offers full boarding but many live locally enough not to use it. Are you overseas ? You need to visit as each school differs.

EEparent Mon 24-Nov-14 15:29:49

Thanks Lizs. We have reviewed the threads and found it useful. Yes, we are from overseas. We are considering to visit school in coming Feb or Apr.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now