Talk

Advanced search

Erroneous Late Mark

(6 Posts)
OnlyWatford Tue 18-Nov-14 13:00:31

Hello,
I happened to log onto my daughter's online reporting today and noticed she had 1% lateness, which surprised me because she is always in on time. I checked the date she had been marked late - about 2 weeks ago and I know she was in in plenty of time because she I had dropped her off for a music club before school which she definitely attended and came home with music for!
I will double check with her before I contact the school but want to know if the school will be able to check and amend this. It's really bugging me that it is wrong!

justcallmethefixer Tue 18-Nov-14 13:12:17

Could the music club ran over time or your dd taken a toilet detour before fist lesson? These reasons could account for the late mark.

Unless it is going to have some sort of negative impact on your dd, I wouldn't worry, to be honest.

Btw - I hope that doesn't come across as curt or dismissive - it is meant to be reassuring.

Returning Tue 18-Nov-14 13:23:35

My DCs school has a system like this and they are currently on 2% late, despite definitely always being there on time. I'm not quite sure how it works, but every year we've had these little foibles. I never hear anything about it through the official channels. I think its just a system thing and is only a cause for concern if the school draw it to your attention. Sometimes the system marks my DC as absent when I know they are in, but it is quite quickly updated correctly and I know that they use a different system in case of fire etc. The computer system accessible by parents is just a back up database. It's called 'Learning Gateway' in case you're wondering

OnlyWatford Tue 18-Nov-14 13:24:04

Music clubs run over registration and assembly time so they sign in at club and it should be updated on the register by the office. In reality it probably doesn't really matter that much - I just find it irritating when things aren't accurate ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now