Talk

Advanced search

Year 7 targets

(9 Posts)
Neverenoughhoursintheday Fri 14-Nov-14 15:12:56

Confusing targets, help me make sense!

1st is the target, second is working at. Is this end of year 7 target? All are expected to be met apart from English. Would you see anything to be concerned about?

Art target 6c working at 5b
Drama 5c working at 4a
English 5c working at 4a, not expected to meet
French 6c, 2a
History 6c, 4b
It 6,c, 4c
Maths 6c, 5b
Science 6c, 5c

AChickenCalledKorma Fri 14-Nov-14 15:41:36

The French looks odd. 2a implies only just started the subject, but 6c seems way too high for a year 7 target. Whereas in the other subjects, the targets look more like end of year targets - i.e. not a million miles from where they are now.

I think you need to ask the school.

Hakluyt Fri 14-Nov-14 15:50:04

I don't think th can be end of year targets- some of them are very big asks indeed!

But why are they saying she won't make 1 sub level of progrss in English, when they are expecting her to make 5 in history and 3 in Maths? And the French is clearly bonkers- must be a mistake.

Email her form tutor and ask for clarification.

Neverenoughhoursintheday Fri 14-Nov-14 17:34:08

Thanks. Are they average targets/working at for a year 7?

Hakluyt Fri 14-Nov-14 17:36:20

Don't know- because the jump is too small in some and too big in others- it's impossible to say whether the working at or the target is wrong.You really need to talk to the school.

Olivo Fri 14-Nov-14 17:36:52

Those look like end of KS3 targets for me. I would be expecting my y9s to be aiming for 6.

2a is low side of average for year 7 French.

Hakluyt Fri 14-Nov-14 17:38:00

But 5s and early 6s are about average for the end of year 7, I think. Except for any new subjects, like MFL where I think 3 something is average.

Hakluyt Fri 14-Nov-14 17:39:20

Sorry, ignore me- I'm wrong! Olivo is from the chalk face!

Neverenoughhoursintheday Fri 14-Nov-14 18:23:32

Thanks Olivio and Halkut smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now