Talk

Advanced search

What should I ask at yr 7 parents eve

(8 Posts)
Neverenoughhoursintheday Mon 10-Nov-14 21:30:30

Anything I should ask to ensure I get the most info? Ds seems happy and coping.

Neverenoughhoursintheday Mon 10-Nov-14 21:31:12

Are Gcse's definately changing from coursework based to exam based? If so when?

Neverenoughhoursintheday Mon 10-Nov-14 21:32:16

Doh, that should have been a separate thread.

SueDunome Tue 11-Nov-14 21:53:42

GCSEs have already changed to final exam. The students that took GCSEs this year took final exams. A Levels change to final exams for courses started from 2015.

Coolas Thu 13-Nov-14 06:57:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

athleticsmum Thu 13-Nov-14 10:35:26

We have my twin DD's first Y7 parents evening tonight. I actually feel nervous, don't know why. But then school and teachers make me nervous (brings back bad memories!!).

I am just going to listen to what they say and keep an open mind. Its still very early days.

I am actually taking a pad and pen to jot down main points, because I have to see 2 sets of teachers on 1 night as my DD's are in different classes and I won't remember who said what. The wine will be chilling on our return - I think we will need a large glass!

JustAShopGirl Thu 13-Nov-14 14:58:04

We had an experimental "parents not required evening" here... it was GREAT - emailed by teachers, reply if any questions - which were answered the following day.

And/Or make an appointment on Xday between 4 and 8 if you really need to talk face to face.

Whereisegg Thu 13-Nov-14 15:09:10

I'm lurking, first 'big school' parents evening tonight.
Dd doing very well by her own account wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now