Talk

Advanced search

11+ Mock Exams

(8 Posts)
squizuk Sun 09-Nov-14 11:34:00

We are applying to a few independent schools in London but my daughter hasn't really done formal exams before. She would really benefit from having a trial run. Does anyone know of any mock exams being run in London?

FlyingFortress Sun 09-Nov-14 13:30:15

No idea whether they're any good, but here's one:

www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/11plus-mock-exams/independent-schools-mock-exams

antimatter Sun 09-Nov-14 13:41:07

Sutton Grammar PTA runs them in the summer:
www.suttongrammar.sutton.sch.uk/pta/mocktests.shtml

PelicanBeach Sun 09-Nov-14 14:07:12

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Pop1ns Mon 10-Nov-14 21:01:52

I know I am not really answering the question but download past papers from other independents as well as the ones you are applying to.I hear that Manchester GS and NLCS are quirky.For DS (we downloaded Emanuel, KCS and CofL off the top of my head) we went through some with him to get a feel for it but timed a few for exam/time pressures.

Smodge Mon 10-Nov-14 21:05:19

Try Sue Laidlaw -mock exams and interviews - they're happening this month for the Jan 11+.
http://www.suelaidlaw.co.uk/mocks.htm

VanillaHoney Tue 11-Nov-14 08:57:46

Be careful with so called mick exams. My neigbours had put their child in for 3 mock test over the summer, geared towards different exam boards. He failed all 3 by a rather large margin. Still roll on the autum and he confortably passed all 3 11+ tests. Imo most of these mock test are a nice money spinner. These centres often also offer courses. If the child does not do great in the test than the centre can offer a course to "fix" the problems. If they then go on to pass the centre had done well & if not than the child was already weak.

mellicauli Thu 13-Nov-14 22:54:52

I agree that the mocks are significantly harder than the real thing. My son did 3 over the summer for 11+ and got lower marks than any of the many papers we did and in the real thing. They are also frustrating because you just get a mark and a vague indication of where the errors lay. A copy of the question and answer would be much more useful.

Make sure your child knows you are doing this for familiarisation with the exam set up, timing, checking answers etc and the result doesn't matter that much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now