Talk

Advanced search

EXAM HORRORS

(5 Posts)
Devica Fri 07-Nov-14 21:03:30

How does one(ie overwrought mumma) cope with final exams. We live in Australia, daughter doing Year 12 exams. She is not academic, but a trier. Bit disorganised. The last week has been hell. She's miserable after every exam, and 2 more to go. She's had a couple of melt downs, the most recent yesterday after her English exam. It'll all be over soon, but have to deal with aftermath. Dont remember it being like this when I was in year 12 a million years ago!

Leeds2 Fri 07-Nov-14 22:02:28

I don't know what Year 12 means in Australia. Does that mean she will have finished school for good? (My DD is in Year 12 in England, but still has a year of school to go.)

What is she hoping to do next? And when are the results out?!

Wishing her all the best luck. And a large glass of vino to mum!

JustRichmal Sat 08-Nov-14 16:38:22

Get her to think of something nice you will do once the exams are finished, it could be a day out or a cinema trip or clothes shopping. It will give you both something pleasant to focus on when exams are getting too much.

Devica Sun 09-Nov-14 05:40:19

Year 12 is the final year- be all and end all( or so they say!) She's got high aspirations- wants to be an architect or a graphic designer. Results are out on Dec 15- and 2 more exams to go at this stage.

She has got something very nice to look forward to- we're off to the US for 3 weeks at the end of the coming week.

So will just keep trying to encourage her- its pretty difficult when she is so negative. sitting on a plane with a very large glass of wine is looking very good!

Devica Sun 09-Nov-14 05:40:20

Year 12 is the final year- be all and end all( or so they say!) She's got high aspirations- wants to be an architect or a graphic designer. Results are out on Dec 15- and 2 more exams to go at this stage.

She has got something very nice to look forward to- we're off to the US for 3 weeks at the end of the coming week.

So will just keep trying to encourage her- its pretty difficult when she is so negative. sitting on a plane with a very large glass of wine is looking very good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now