Talk

Advanced search

Princes Risborough School

(8 Posts)
thetropicmama7 Thu 06-Nov-14 11:10:01

Hello, I would be grateful for any feedback on this school as the recent report I read isn't the best. The area has quite limited secondary school options within its catchment so unless DCs get into grammar school, I think PRS is the only option.

MillyMollyMama Thu 06-Nov-14 11:35:46

It is odd though, that the latest Ofsted Report - Requires Improvement - was done in June 2013. What has been happening since? Ofsted do not seem to have gone back in for any monitoring visits. As it is a rural area, options are limited unless you are prepared to travel.

Could you apply for The Misbourne School in Great Missenden or try for Lord Williams in Thame? Sadly, in Buckinghamshire, many of the Secondary modern schools have been inspected as Requires Improvement or worse since inspections started. The Misbourne appears to be back on track so you need to check if there is any possibility of a place there if you do not get a place at grammar school. Your options are limited in this area.

Onesipmore Thu 06-Nov-14 11:42:06

Hi there. A friend of mine has 2 boys there and cant speak highly enough. It used to be quite dire but since the newish head came on board its really improved.May I ask where you live/ lord Williams in Thame is good and you are quite likely to get in out of catchment depending on where exactly you are

Onesipmore Thu 06-Nov-14 11:43:41

Sorry i also meant to add the other excellent Secondary in the area is Waddesdon smile

thetropicmama7 Thu 06-Nov-14 12:14:24

That is the strange thing-the report is not glowing and yet the families I know with DCs there speak highly of it. We live within walking distance and the students I see and meet all seem happy and polite. I have been told it has improved since the last report so I am waiting to see when the next one will be. We are not in the catchment area of Lord Williams but know of someone from Bledlow who got in and Bledlow seems further. I suppose it would just depend how oversubscribed they are. Another consideration is transport links to Thame from PR.

Onesipmore Thu 06-Nov-14 15:43:52

Hi again. The 280 us goes from PR to Thame smile Honestly my friend is really happy with it. It was a tricky move as her son had been to a small Prep school before and then he was in PR which seemed huge. The staff were brilliant with him. Our babysitter used to go there too and then chnaged to Lord Bills for 6th form

frankleybeeches Thu 06-Nov-14 18:46:12

I also know of parents who speak well of PR school. Friend's daughter now at Uni after getting good GCSE's there and transferring to a Grammar school sixth form.

MillyMollyMama Fri 07-Nov-14 00:49:04

Can I say that from PR vicinity to Waddesdon, which is a C of E Aided School, will only be possible if you are very practicing C of E. The journey would be horrible as it is much further than Thame. It is 4 miles North of Aylesbury. If you want Waddesdon, the best bet is to move there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now