Talk

Advanced search

Tutors for Trinity/Whitgift school

(3 Posts)
zara2015 Sun 26-Oct-14 14:59:06

Hi

Does anyone know of a good tutor that has prepared their son for 11 plus exams. My son is doing the exam in Jan and will need a tutor for a few months to help him prepare. We live in Sutton, any advise welcomed.

Thanks

TellBoutAll Thu 20-Nov-14 20:29:22

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

chococupcakes Sun 23-Nov-14 12:16:52

Hi there,

Had the same issue for a while for those schools. I've also had more tutors than hot dinners. You so have to kiss a few frogs before you get the right one. There are the usual platforms that don't interview the tutors and make that quite clear to you. Using that route however, I found you need to give yourself more time to test a few. Having said that you might just get lucky. The alternative to that, are the agencies which do test the tutors beforehand if your budget can stretch that far.

I also found that most of the good ones who had strengths across all the subject areas get booked up in advance. In the end I got separate tutors for each subject. I say all that to say, I could recommend a good Maths tutor if it helps as that was the weaker area for us. The others were touch and go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now