Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Stowe vs Merchant Taylors?

(6 Posts)
printerbox25 Tue 16-Sep-14 10:52:13

How do these 2 schools compare in your opinion please? My child is more sporty and practical than academic...

QueenOfToast Tue 16-Sep-14 17:21:57

I don't think that you can really compare the 2 schools. Stowe is a co-ed boarding school and Merchant Taylors' is a single sex day school.

What have your current school advised?

Takingthemickey Wed 17-Sep-14 09:26:51

Merchant Taylor is quite academic realative to Stowe. The boarding vs day and single vs co-ed mentioned earlier are other factors you should consider.

Toughasoldboots Wed 17-Sep-14 10:03:15

We lost ds's headmaster to MT- he is sorely missed. He is fantastic and also took a brilliant geography teacher with him.
He gets involved with the boys, has a brilliant sense of humour and the school is not the same without him.
He loves sport and I would go to MT purely because Mr Everson is there.

Toughasoldboots Wed 17-Sep-14 10:06:07

The message that I posted has disappeared, I was raving about Mr Everson who was head at my sons school.

He left for MT as did a fantastic geography teacher.
I miss him and his leadership/involvement with the boys so much. He used to regularly take classes and go out to talk to the boys.

Our loss is MT gain.

chicagogirl Tue 20-Oct-15 19:39:41

How hard is Merchant Taylor's to get into? If you were ranking it against City Boys, Belmont, Forest, And St. Albans how would they rank in terms of selectivity? My son is above average but not top sets but very sporty especially rugby and swimming. Please help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now