Talk

Advanced search

Y7 Timetable

(8 Posts)
MerryBuddha Sat 06-Sep-14 21:45:42

My DS has just started Y7. I am a bit concerned regarding his timetable. He has 3 of his 4 English lessons as his last lesson of the day. His 2nd and 3rd English lesson are on the same day, with the same teacher (lesson 1 and lesson 5). The 4th is last lesson on a Friday!
Or am I worry about nothing?

lottysmum Sat 06-Sep-14 22:07:32

I would not worry too much - too many last lessons not ideal - but my DD had two maths lessons in a day and it worked really well.....one they mainly used as a revision lesson when they were being tested (on a regular basis) and the second for a test......It really depends on the teacher being able to motivate within the lessons ...

noblegiraffe Sat 06-Sep-14 22:20:32

They will (or should) prioritise morning sessions for exam classes in core subjects so y7 are more likely to get an afternoon slot. P1 and p5 on the same day sounds weird though. Maybe one will be a library session.

PiqueABoo Sat 06-Sep-14 23:13:19

Y7 DD has one maths lesson last thing Friday afternoon, but she thinks maths is fun so the girl that came home looked quite cheerful compared to the exhausted looking one who set off to school that morning.

I don't see why last thing should be a significant problem, but I guess it depends on the child, their fondness for the subject, whether they like the teacher etc.

Coolas Sat 06-Sep-14 23:45:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BackforGood Sat 06-Sep-14 23:52:18

Worrying about nothing smile

wiganerpie Sun 07-Sep-14 11:57:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MerryBuddha Sun 07-Sep-14 16:11:24

Cool. Thanks for the reassurance, hopefully I am worrying about nothing!
I have heard great things about the teacher and the kids seem to like her, so hopefully it will be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now