Talk

Advanced search

Merchant Taylor Interview Questions

(5 Posts)
MissyRenn Mon 04-Aug-14 17:02:58

My DS will be sitting an interview shortly for 13+ and I was wondering if anyone's DS has been through it and what type of questions to expect. He is dreading this part of the process and any re-assurance I can give him would be invaluable to boost his confidence and believe in himself.

Confidentspeaker Sat 13-Sep-14 10:12:44

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

northlondoncat Sat 04-Oct-14 13:45:08

My friends child was asked questions arising from his reference. Your maths teacher says x about your maths - do you agree ? He needs to expect to be challenged but it may not be in the way that you think. Being positive I think important. Helping him with how to answer a question in a positive way - even if it is challenge him on something is important. Also thiking on his feet. Teaching him to pause, reflect and answer and to have the confidence to ask them to repeat the question all will stand him in good stead. Ensure he reads a newspaper and can talk about what ever book he is reading.

FiveHoursSleep Sat 04-Oct-14 13:48:22

My friend's son got a place at MT and when they asked him if he had any questions, he asked the interviewers what they thought the school had to offer him!

Frisbymumof3 Thu 20-Nov-14 00:00:10

Hi
How did your son get on?

Mine did it too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now