Talk

Advanced search

Court Moor High School in Fleet, Hampshire

(8 Posts)
ducdo Thu 05-Jun-14 10:50:12

Hi all, does anyone have any reviews/feedback on this school as looking at a move to Fleet and keen to find the best high school for our children in yr 7 and yr 9.
Any comments, much appreciated. Thank you

inthename Thu 05-Jun-14 12:53:43

Are you moving to Fleet or Horshan (as per your other post) as they are in totally different parts of the country. Are you aware that to apply for any state school at this stage you will need a registered address in that area, so its less about which school you like and more about which schools in the area you will have an address in actually has vacant places

ducdo Thu 05-Jun-14 13:13:32

hi there. we are on the fence at the moment! totally depends on schools as we like both areas having done some research and looked at house prices.

final decision will be made once we find the best school, that will determine which area. this is where i need mumsnet help as really value the advice from others who know real hand what the schools/areas are really like.

inthename Thu 05-Jun-14 13:52:40

Have lived near Fleet, now near Horsham. Court Moor (Fleet) and Millais (Horsham) both excellent but can't be directly compared, Tandridge good, Forest not great. I'd be wary about finding a school then a house as admissions work the other way round so no guarantee that the preferred school would have a place when you need it. Admissions have to find you a school in your new area but not necessarily the one you choose.

ducdo Thu 05-Jun-14 15:26:35

appreciate your thoughts and I understand that when we move there is no guarantee we would get our 1st choice.

we have visited both areas and really like them, commute works for us, so just a case of making a decision on the schools.

if they are all strong and performing well, we will then see when the best house comes up.

such a huge deal as you can appreciate as we have 3 school age children, so lots of upheaval.

Runbike Thu 05-Jun-14 16:47:15

A friend pointed me in the direction of this thread (I used to be on mn but haven't been on in years) because I know the school very well.
It's a very good school and is generally thought to be better than Calthorpe- also a v good school, but Calthorpe is getting a lot of money put into it and is expanding.

If you want any chance of getting your children in you'll have to have a GU52 postcode, so not all of Fleet.

ducdo Fri 06-Jun-14 09:23:21

thanks runbike, much appreciated. hoping to get a visit round the school shortly, but also helpful to hear what other parents/locals think.

annaiousf Sun 08-Feb-15 16:05:59

Dear ducdo
we are considering relocating from London with our presently 4 months old baby and so far started looking at either Horsham or Fleet. I am extremely interested to know which town didyou go for and if you have moved any thoughts or first impressions are appreciated.
thank you!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: