Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Appeals - requesting info from admission authority

(3 Posts)
ImASecretTwigletNibbler Tue 01-Apr-14 17:14:46

I understand that the 'admission authority' has a legal obligation to answer any reasonable request for information that I make. Who is the admission authority for academies - is it the school? I've emailed the admissions officer at the school we are appealing to but I haven't heard a thing back from them... I don't want to get all arsey with them and say "you have a legal obligation to respond to my request etc" but it is getting annoying now and am wondering what to do next.

Also, will the admission authority get a copy of my grounds for appeal? It seems a little unfair that they would get months to view my case but I only get about a week to view theirs!

prh47bridge Tue 01-Apr-14 19:07:31

For an academy the school is the admission authority.

The admission authority is responsible for administering your appeal. Whoever is acting as clerk to the appeal has to see your case. They may or may not show it to the school's representative at the hearing. But remember that the school's representative will have a number of appeals on the same day and will have to prepare for all of them. You only have one appeal to prepare. And to be honest I haven't come across many (possibly not any) appeals where seeing the other side's case early gives any kind of advantage.

ImASecretTwigletNibbler Tue 01-Apr-14 21:17:28

Yes that's very true about them having many appeals to deal with, I hadn't thought of that. Perhaps I will give them another week or so and then give a gentle nudge...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now