Talk

Advanced search

Waiting lists, how much movement?

(3 Posts)
Elsie20 Thu 27-Mar-14 14:37:17

Hi
I'm just wondering how much movement there has been in the past for secondary schools? Ie did you get a place from the waiting list? Where were you on the list etc?

Some have suggested checking last years list but it was a low birth rate last year, so the information doesn't really help.

We did get our second choice school and are happy but my daughter does want her first choice as her friends are going there, so she asked if she can remain on the list for our first choice.

She is currently at no. 18 for a catholic school (we do meet their admission criteria as we are practising Catholics) I don't have a lot of hope as I feel it's a long way down on the list, so it would be interesting to know if anyone did get a place being no.18

Thanks in advance

mary21 Thu 27-Mar-14 15:30:34

Our local school went down to 26 last year

mummytime Thu 27-Mar-14 21:17:29

My Ds got his place having started at at least 25th, that was a relatively high birth rate year a few years ago. It does vary from school to school and how many go private.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now