Talk

Advanced search

Canford vs Rugby for sixth form?

(3 Posts)
AnnaGriffiths Tue 25-Mar-14 07:57:10

Does anyone have any experience with either school?
We're looking for sixth form boarding for twins (2015).

muthr Wed 26-Mar-14 12:51:07

Have heard good things about Rugby, especially for girls, but I have no personal experience so could be wrong. Don't know anything about Canford.

MillyMollyMama Thu 27-Mar-14 09:04:36

I have friends with DC at Rugby. Very happy with the school and pastoral care. I think you need to take a good look around each. I would say Rugby has more children from London and, possibly, Canford is more local. Depending where you live, you would need to look at number of exeats and whether Canford empties at weekends. Do your DCs have a preference for their subjects? I know Rugby does preU so you may need to compare what each school teaches so see if it suits. Lastly, where do they want to live? What are the boarding houses like? Do new 6th formers integrate with the existing pupils or are they separated in their own house? What school do your DC prefer? By this age they should be able to have opinions on where they would be happy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now