Talk

Advanced search

do you get confirmation of your school place?

(8 Posts)
steppemum Sun 23-Mar-14 23:09:29

We had to accept our secondary school place by letter. Our official letter was from LEA, return the slip that says you accept place. We also had a letter directly from the school, which we had to post a reply slip.

Do you get a receipt/confirmation/acknowledgement or anything? I was just wondering that if your acceptance slip was lost in the post, you wouldn't know would you? We got proof of postage for the letter, but still.

prh47bridge Sun 23-Mar-14 23:48:49

Whether or not you will get any kind of acknowledgement varies from LA to LA (and even from school to school within an LA). If your acceptance has gone astray you will receive another letter from the LA encouraging you to accept the offer and setting a new deadline for acceptance.

steppemum Mon 24-Mar-14 09:39:20

Thanks prh, that is useful, they don't just let the offer go.

sunsout Mon 24-Mar-14 09:59:13

Maybe it is different from LA to LA. I accepted my dd's place by email instead of any official form and I had a reply email from my LA to confirm they have updated my dd's record. In my acceptance email I stated all my dd's name, dob, school name, home address, secondary school name etc.

Have you phoned the school or LA?

steppemum Mon 24-Mar-14 13:13:46

we couldn't do it by email, had to do it by letter.

I was trying to avoid phoning the LEA as they are busy enough. I will ask at the school gate today and see what others have had.

I just checked on-line (we did on-line application) and there isn't anywhere to update it.

sunsout Mon 24-Mar-14 13:37:40

I didn't think I could do it via email. I did my school choice form by post and received the place allocation via post so couldn't accept the place online. So I rang the LEA and their staff suggested that I do it via email.

pointythings Mon 24-Mar-14 15:24:37

We got our offer by email, followed by a letter a week later saying don't take action unless you are not taking up the offer.

SweetPenelope Mon 24-Mar-14 16:49:51

I sent the slip back by post and then called a few days later to make sure they received it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now