Talk

Advanced search

Co-ed schools in Croydon/Couldson/Redhill

(6 Posts)
merlottime Sun 23-Mar-14 18:16:06

My DD is in Y5 and is of middling ability - does not want to sit the 11+ for the superselectives in Sutton. We looked at a few schools this year but would appreciate some insight from any parents out there on these schools:

Woodcote - our closest; good results but we know a few separate kids how have been bullied. I know all schools get this so any positive stories would be great to redress the balance

Oasis Coulsdon - on the up, new facilities, but not great results

Royal Alexander & Albert - has anyone ever got in at a distance of 4 miles?

We may be able to stretch to Indie, in which case our options are Royal Russell or Dunottar (now that it is co-ed). Caterham and RGS are too academic and realistically she would struggle to get in.

All views gratefully received.

LIZS Sun 23-Mar-14 18:21:03

RAAS would probably be hard to get into as a flexi/day pupil. Is co-ed a must - just wondering about Greenacres ?

merlottime Sun 23-Mar-14 19:29:07

Thats what we thought about RAAS - shame, as we liked the extended hours and sports facilities. Would prefer co-ed but might consider a girls school. I dont know much about Greenacres - do you have experience of it LIZS? Not sure how easy it is to get to (we are in west Coulsdon).

LIZS Sun 23-Mar-14 19:51:40

afaik the criteria for entry to Greenacres have been similar to Dunnottar historically and may be easier for you to access either by public transport or if they run a bus across. No personal experience but a few from dc prep did go there.

shockedbunny Sun 23-Mar-14 22:18:45

Worth looking at Dunottar now it is part of United Learning? Understand it will be non selective and has lots if investment being ploughed in by UL.
Looking like there will be lots of joint activities with Caterham.

shockedbunny Sun 23-Mar-14 22:20:03

Sorry posted before finished.

As long as the new Head is appointed soon I would look. And ask lots of questions to make sure the promises are not as hollow as the Rgs ones are reported to be in the past.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now