Talk

Advanced search

Somerset secondary schools - midsomer norton which is best?

(3 Posts)
Evasmum88 Sun 23-Mar-14 17:46:01

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone else has any info on schools in the mendip area of Somerset, specifically norton hill and writhlington in midsomer norton/radstock. What are the main differences between the two? They both have similar ofsted and league scores but wondering mainly about how they deal with pastoral care and how bullying is treated. Also my daughter will be coming from a rural village school, is one more for the local town children and one for surrounding rural villages or do they mix it?

Evasmum88 Sun 23-Mar-14 17:49:03

Oops I posted too soon, I was going to ask what sort of catchment of children go to each as would love my daughter to go to school with like minded children. I went to a secondary with kids that just ran riot and didn't care about learning, it was v hard and don't want that for her if poss.

Many thanks

trinity0097 Sun 23-Mar-14 18:44:07

Somervale is the smaller school in the area and great at dealing with any pastoral issues. Has had a bad rep in the past, but are far more proactive about dealing with any issues,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now