Advanced search


(6 Posts)
TJCB68 Wed 19-Mar-14 17:48:06

Some of the 6th forms my son has applied for require references from his current school. Do we have any right to ask to see the information that his school is sending to the 6th forms?

creamteas Wed 19-Mar-14 17:57:17

You could make a request information for Data Subject Access, although there are some exceptions to getting this.

TJCB68 Wed 19-Mar-14 18:07:14

You don't happen to know what those exceptions are do you? I have tried to look online but seem to keep finding conflicting information.

PotteringAlong Wed 19-Mar-14 18:08:34

Have you just asked the school?

TJCB68 Wed 19-Mar-14 18:14:23

Yes, I have emailed the Head of Year, who is supplying the references, but the school have a tendency to not reply to communications for days on end so I just wondered what our official position was. A recent application was held up because the 6th form in question had repeatedly requested the references but his current school still didn't reply. He didn't get a place and I was just curious about whether the tardiness (or the content) of the ref had anything to do with him not being offered a place.

creamteas Wed 19-Mar-14 19:21:58

Not an expert, but I think it is the organization receiving the reference that you can ask rather than the organization that sent it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: